DATA PRIVACY NOTICE for Business Partners and users of the Business Partner Website
General Data Protection Regulation / Data Protection Act 2018
Wilmslow High School takes the privacy rights of users of the Business Partner Programme website seriously.
For the purposes of Data Protection Law and Regulation, the data controller is Wilmslow High School, Holly Road North, Wilmslow, Cheshire.
2. Processing Your Personal Information
When you choose to give us information, such as your name, company name and contact details then this will be held and processed by Wilmslow High School Business Partner Programme in accordance with Data Protection Law and Regulation.
The information we expect to collect about you includes:
* Your name
* The contact details you choose to share with us
* Any information about your links to the school that you choose to share with us (e.g. how many children you have attending the school)
* The nature of your business, or the skills that you offer to share with us
* Any details relating to your business or employer which are needed to support our collaboration
* Safeguarding information such as the result of a CRB check, if you have agreed to this taking place
If you share other information with us which is relevant to our collaboration, then we may store that as well.
We will only retain your data while we believe you still want to be involved with our work. If at any time you tell us that you no longer wish to be involved with us we will delete the information that we hold about you.
In cases where we understand that you wish us to enable you to make contact with other businesses and individuals we may pass on your contact details, but only in ways that you would expect that are clearly within the legitimate interests of the Business Partners Programme. We do not plan to sell or share your data with anyone else, except where are obliged to do so by the law.
3. Use of Your Personal Information
Wilmslow High School Business Partner Programme may use your personal information for the following purposes:
* To perform the services you have requested which may involve contacting you by post or e-mail.
* To make parts of the website easier for you to use by not making you enter your information more than once.
* The reasonable purposes of the Wilmslow High School Business Partner Programme, acting always within Data Protection Law and Regulation.
* To communicate with you regarding services related to the Wilmslow High School Business Partner Programme as you may have consented to in submitting your data.
We may also use your information for detection of fraud and market research purposes.
We will retain your information while you are a registered user of the website and/or involved with the Business Partner Programme. If you indicate that you no longer wish to be involved with the website or the programme we will delete the data we hold about you.
Information may be sent to your computer in the form of an Internet “cookie” to allow the Wilmslow High School Business Partner Programme servers to monitor your requirements. The cookie is stored on your computer. The Wilmslow High School Business Partner Programme server may request that your computer return a cookie to it. These return cookies do not contain any information supplied by you or any personally identifiable information about you.
Such measures are necessary to allow the Wilmslow High School Business Partner Programme to measure the usability of the systems, which will help in its continuing development to ensure that we understand the requirements of our users. Your browser software should however enable you to block cookies if you wish to. For more information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
5. Legal Basis for Processing
The legal basis on which we process your data is the consent that you explicitly gave us when you first registered on this website.
6. Cloud storage and processing
We use cloud services such as Google Apps and Microsoft 365 for the storage and processing the data we hold. The data is stored exclusively on servers within the EU and we remain the data controller.
7. Your rights
You have the right to access your data, to ask us to correct it where it is wrong and in certain circumstances you can ask us to delete the data or limit what we do with it. If you want to see what data we hold about you, you can make a subject access request by contacting the Data Protection officer, or any member of the Business Partners Team and explaining that you wish to see the data that we hold about you. We will arrange for a member of staff to sit with you and show you what data we hold about you and answer any specific requests for information that you may have. We will also arrange for printed or electronic copies of the data where the law requires us to do this.
If you think that we are not processing your data fairly, correctly and legally then you may complain. The following options are available to you:
1) Contact the Data Protection officer (details below) to discuss your concerns; most worries should be dealt with successfully by doing this
2) If you are still not happy the school has a complaints policy which is published on our website.
3) You may also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office which oversees the way we process data. https://ico.org.uk/concerns
8. Contact details for our Data Protection Officer
Damian Haigh, Assistant Headteacher and Data Protection Officer, Wilmslow High School, Holly Road, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 1LZ
Tel. 01625 526191